Cardiac involvement is an often fatal and underestimated complication in systemic sclerosis, but only few reports have been published on the surgical intervention of patients with cardiothoracic complication in patient with systemic sclerosis. We hereby present a case of severe mitral valve regurgitation due to infective endocarditis on patient with systemic sclerosis. The patient underwent mitral valve reconstruction and post-operative management of systemic sclerosis.
systemic sclerosis, mitral valve regurgitation, infective endocarditis, mitral valve reconstruction
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Follansbee WP. The cardiovascular manifestations of systemic sclerosis (scleroderma). Current Problems in Cardiology 1986; 11: 244–298.
3. Follansbee W, Miller T, Curtiss E, et al. A controlled clinicopathologic study of myocardial fibrosis in systemic sclerosis (scleroderma). The Journal of rheumatology.
4. Marasini B, Massarotti M, Cossutta R. Scleroderma Heart Disease. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 2005; 18: 609–614.
5. Comens SM, Alpert MA, Sharp GC, et al. Frequency of mitral valve prolapse in systemic lupus erythematosus, progressive systemic sclerosis and mixed connective tissue disease. The American Journal of Cardiology 1989; 63: 369–370.
6. Ungprasert P, Wannarong T, Panichsillapakit T, et al. Cardiac involvement in mixed connective tissue disease: A systematic review. International Journal of Cardiology 2014; 171: 326–330.
7. Sponga S, Basso C, Ruffatti A, et al. Systemic sclerosis and aortic valve stenosis: therapeutic implications in two cases of aortic valve replacement: Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine 2009; 10: 560–562.
8. Zuo Y, Shi H, Li C, et al. Antiphospholipid syndrome: a clinical perspective. Chinese Medical Journal 2020; 133: 929.
9. Goodman SM, Figgie MP, MacKenzie CR. Perioperative Management of Patients with Connective Tissue Disease. HSS Jrnl 2011; 7: 72–79.
10. Picozzi P, Lappa A, Menichetti A. Mitral valve replacement under thoracic epidural anesthesia in an awake patient suffering from systemic sclerosis. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2007; 51: 644–644.