Objective: Cox Maze procedure is an effective surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation and it is often performed concomitantly with mitral valve surgery. However, some patients still experience atrial tachyarrhythmia post-surgery, which adversely affects heart function as well as their quality of life. Method: We present the case of a 66-year-old female patient who underwent mitral valve replacement with a bio-prosthesis and Cox-Maze procedure; she was later admitted to our center after 14 months due to pneumonia and atrial tachycardia. An electrophysiology study/ intervention was performed. Result: We successfully determined the mechanism and ablated the atrial tachyarrhythmia. The sinus rhythm was restored and was maintained 3 months post-procedure, with amelioration of the left ventricular function. Conclusion: Electrophysiology study with electro-anatomy mapping can help to determine the mechanism of arrhythmia to guide successful ablation of post-operative arrhythmia
Cox Maze procedure, atrial fibrillation, Mitral valve surgery, Case report
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Chen M-C, Chang J-P, Chen Y-L. Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation with concomitant mitral valve disease: an Asian review. Chang Gung Med J. 2008 Dec;31(6):538–45.
3. Bando K, Kobayashi J, Kosakai Y, Hirata M, Sasako Y, Nakatani S, et al. Impact of Cox maze procedure on outcome in patients with atrial fibrillation and mitral valve disease. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002 Sep;124(3):575–83.
4. Damiano RJ, Schwartz FH, Bailey MS, Maniar HS, Munfakh NA, Moon MR, et al. The Cox maze IV procedure: Predictors of late recurrence. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2011 Jan 1;141(1):113–21.
5. Kim KC, Cho KR, Kim Y-J, Sohn D-W, Kim K-B. Long-term results of the Cox-Maze III procedure for persistent atrial fibrillation associated with rheumatic mitral valve disease: 10-year experience. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007 Feb;31(2):261–6.
6. Takagaki M, Yamaguchi H, Ikeda N, Yamakage H, Nakamura H, Kadowaki T, et al. Risk Factors for Atrial Fibrillation Recurrence After Cox Maze IV Performed Without Pre-exclusion. Ann Thorac Surg. 2020 Mar;109(3):771–9.
7. Kajiyama T, Kondo Y, Ueda M, Nakano M, Nakano M, Watanabe M, et al. Catheter ablation of atrial tachyarrhythmias after a Maze procedure: A single center experience. J Cardiol Cases. 2018 Dec 20;19(3):89–92.
8. Lang CC, Santinelli V, Augello G, Ferro A, Gugliotta F, Gulletta S, et al. Transcatheter radiofrequency ablation of atrial fibrillation in patients with mitral valve prostheses and enlarged atria: safety, feasibility, and efficacy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Mar 15;45(6):868–72.
9. Zipse MM, Nguyen DT. Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation in a Patient with a Mechanical Mitral Valve. Cardiac Electrophysiology Clinics. 2016 Mar 1;8(1):155–9.
Các bài báo tương tự
- Nguyen The Huy, Phan Thao Nguyen, Tran Thuy Nguyen, Le Ngoc Thanh, Percutaneous intervention treatment of giant extrarenal aneurysm arteriovenous fistula , Tạp chí Phẫu thuật Tim mạch và Lồng ngực Việt Nam: Tập 33
Bạn cũng có thể bắt đầu một tìm kiếm tương tự nâng cao cho bài báo này.